Facial Aesthetic Surgeries
Facial Aesthetic Surgeries; As the face ages, we see the constant force of gravity coupled with changes in the skin and adipose (fat) tissues. These factors lead to the well-known phenomena of jowl formation, drooping neck tissue, and hollow or sunken-appearing eyes. These same processes also occur in the lip region, and despite some dramatic age-related changes, this area is often overlooked.
Careful examination shows that, in some patients, the upper lip elongates significantly with age. This makes the cutaneous (skin) part of the upper lip appear much longer than the mucosal (vermillion, or “red”) part of the lip. In severe cases, the “red” lip almost disappears entirely. These changes are related to gravity and loss of elasticity in the skin, but also may be related to bone volume loss in the maxilla (upper jaw) – a particular issue after menopause. Regardless of the exact mechanism, Dr. Ransom can correct this problem by performing an upper lip lift.
Bichectomy surgery is a cosmetic operation that aims to get rid of the mass of fat under your cheekbone surgically and make your face look fresher with sharp lines. The surgery is usually performed under general or local anesthesia alone or with another plastic surgery.
What are the steps of bichectomy surgery?
Bichectomy surgery includes the following procedures:
- Firstly, the patient is given a general or local anesthesia according to his situation.
- An incision making process: the surgeon makes an incision inside the patient’s cheek.
- The surgeon places pressure on the external side of the cheek to remove the fat which is located inside the cheek.
- Once the fat is removed, the wound is closed using stitches.
After the operation, the patient should follow some necessary instructions which ensure fast recovery from the surgery.
- Follow a diet which includes only liquids for several days, then gradually you can go back to your normal meals.
- Take the medicines, including mouthwash and painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor.
- You go back to your normal life within a few days after the operation.
- Avoid any facial movements for a week after the surgery.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
- Stay away from swimming or a Turkish bath.
Other Facial Aesthetics
- Face and Neck Aesthetics
- Botox and Fillers
- V Face Lift & Thread Lift
- Dimple Aesthetic
- Cat Eye (Canthoplasty)
- Fox (Almond) Eye
- Medical Skincare